The TACKLE (CONTACT) Division is for those entering 5th and 6th grade. Click below to find a copy of the tackle division rules. Please note they are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
*4th Graders interested in Tackle Football must obtain permission from the JP Board and must participate in the tackle combine for evaluation. This is not guaranteed. For the 2019 season, only 8 4th grade players will be allowed to play tackle football.
GRADES 5-6 INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Standard Individual Registration:
- All players must register individually with the league.
- Players will be drafted according to their performance at the combine event. Our goal is to ensure that all teams are equally competitive.
- Parents can volunteer to be a team coach. A coach can also request up to 2 assistant coaches
- All volunteer coaches will be asked to conduct a background check, coaching certification, and sign the coaching code of conduct and expectations.
INCLUDED WITH REGISTRATION:
BEST VALUE FOR PRICE IN OUR AREA!
- Junior Plainsmen Team Jersey
- Parent Volunteer Coaching Staff
- 2 Team Training per week ( Tues/Thurs) during school year
- 1 game per week (Saturday)
– 6 league games plus Senior Bowl
- Helmet Stickers character building
GRADES 5-6 PROGRAM
- Game Jersey associated with assigned team
- Certified Helmet
- Volunteer parent coaches
- Parent Participation encouraged at practice
- 2 Team Training per week during the school year
- 4 Team Training per week throughout the month of August
- 1 game per week (Saturdays)
- Games played on the Shen Turf Field
- Professional Referees at all games with score kept on the digital scoreboard
- Coaches to provide a playbook
- 1-day combine
- Water bottle for all registrants!
Curriculum based on station skills training and preparing players for Modified and High School competition.
- Players (Grade 5-6) will have a combine on Monday, August 12. Combine will be held at the fields behind Shatekon Elementary School @ 35 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065
- Coaches (Grade 5-6) Meeting and Draft Tuesday, August 13th (Location TBD)
- Players (Grade 5-6) will be notified of team assignments by Wednesday, August 14th
- The first day of practices for all tackle players is Wednesday August 14th.
- During the month of August, practice will be from 5:30 to 7:30 pm Mon – Thursday
- Once school begins, TACKLE practice will be from 6 – 7:30 pm Tues and Thursday
- Week 1 of the regular season for (Grades 5-6) leagues begins on Saturday, September 7th
GAME DAYS: All tackle games this season are offered on Saturdays at the Shen Turf field.
GAME TIMES: Grades 5-6 game times are played between 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm (approx.).
GAME LOCATIONS: The league will play games at the Brent Steuerwald stadium on the Shenendehowa campus located at 970 NY-146, Clifton Park, NY 12065
THE ROSTERS: Rosters may hold a maximum of 22 players.
THE DEADLINE: The deadline to register is Saturday, August 17th, 2019. Late registrations will not be accepted without the approval of the league director.