The TACKLE (CONTACT) Division is for those entering 5th and 6th grade. Find a copy of the tackle division rules below. Please note they are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
*4th Graders interested in Tackle Football must obtain permission from the JP Board and must participate in the tackle combine for evaluation. This is not guaranteed.
GRADES 4-6 INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Standard Individual Registration:
• All players must register individually with the league.
• Players will be drafted according to their performance at the combine event. Our goal is to ensure that all teams are equally competitive.
• Parents can volunteer to be a team coach. A coach can also request up to 2 assistant coaches
• All volunteer coaches will be asked to conduct a background check, coaching certification, and sign the coaching code of conduct and expectations.
INCLUDED WITH REGISTRATION
• Seasonal use of a Junior Plainsmen Team Jersey
• Parent Volunteer Coaching Staff
• 2 Team Training per week ( Tues/Thurs) during the school year
• 1 game per week (Saturday)
- 6 league games plus Senior Bowl
• Helmet Stickers character building
OTHER REQUIRED EQUIPMENT
• Integrated football pants
• Chin strap
• Protective cup
• Practice jersey
• Mouth piece
GRADES 4*, 5-6 PROGRAM
• Game Jersey associated with assigned team
• Certified Helmet
• Volunteer parent coaches
• Parent Participation encouraged at practice
• 2 Team Training per week during the school year
• 4 Team Training per week during summer
• 1 game per week (Saturdays)
• Games played on the Shen Turf Field
• Professional Referees at all games with score kept on the digital scoreboard
• Coaches to provide a playbook
• 2-day combine
* 4th graders may participate in 5th/6th grade tackle ONLY with board approval and successful combine evaluation
We are a Tackle and Flag football League - with our players competing at all levels.